Saturday, 12 May 2012

Edgelands - Spital Bridge

These images are taken in the area where a medieval hospital run by the order of the Knights Hospitaller once stood, dedicated to St John the Baptist it was built in 1109 and used to house a leprous monk from the near by Abbey. It is believed by some that the afflicted man was called Orm - the first recorded name of a leper in England.






No comments: